Before starting chemotherapy, you are bound to have a lot of questions – I know I did! Here is a list to get you started:
- How many cycles of chemotherapy will I have?
- How often will I need to attend the hospital?
- How long will each session take?
- How will chemotherapy be administered? Will I need a PICC line or Portacath?
- Which drugs will be used?
- What are the common side effects of the drugs?
- How can these be prevented/combated?
- Are there any foods and drinks I should avoid?
- Are there any activities I should avoid? (e.g. sports, visits to public places, etc.)
- Can I carry on taking my regular medication (if applicable)?
- When is my immunity at its lowest?
- Is it worth trying scalp cooling/cold cap? If so, what do I need to know to prepare?
- How can I find out about buying a wig in case of hair loss?
- Who can I contact if I feel bad at night time and weekends?
- Can I carry on working?
- What do I need to bring to my appointments?